hyh launched in 2008 as South Africa’s first specialist word-of-mouth agency. Since then we've been dynamic and innovative in the traditional advertising world, as a uniquely insightful and influencer informed organisation.
Additionally, in 2015 hyh has been recognised by Fast Company Magazine Global as one of South Africa’s 10 most innovative companies. We are also listed amongst the top 100 companies in the world as we’re able to harness and activate the value of the most current and influential groups within the country’s ever shifting cultural landscape.
With a presence within the UAE, UK and South African markets we now employ over 60 staff across multiple disciplines and are focused on generating fully immersive integrated campaigns from the very leading edges of an ever dynamic culture.
The power of influence shapes everything we do. We speak to the truth of consumers lives because we are part of the conversation- active, involved and immediate. We are fundamentally non-traditional.
Redefining the agency landscape through the use of immediate, honest insights pulled from the leading edge of South African Culture- built to inform bespoke creative solutions throughout the communication process, across discipline, channel and industry to create changes in behaviour.
Co-Founders Ryan McFadyen and Jason Stewart were nominated by Fast Company Magazine as one of the 50 most creative business leaders within South Africa in 2016.
Ryan has 2 beautiful children who teach him creativity, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ryan is a leading marketer with 15 years global and local experience within marketing and advertising.
- He's launched, managed and sold a boutique pharmaceutical company in 2008.
- He founded hyh in 2008.
- He has 2 beautiful children who teach him creativity, and the ability to work under pressure.
- He's been identified as the entrepreneur under 30 to watch in 2012 by Destiny Magazine.
- hyh identified as one of the 10 most innovative companies within South Africa in 2015 by Fast Company Magazine.
- He's identified as one of the 50 most creative business leaders in South Africa in 2016.
Jason launched the concept and methodology of Influencer and Word of Mouth Marketing in SA.
- 15 years experience in advertising and brand communication.
- His career started in Lagos, Nigeria before moving into advertising in South Africa.
- He launched the concept and methodology of Influencer and Word-of-Mouth Marketing in SA.
- He has lectured extensively at academic institutions, and within the corporate sector as a guest lecturer and speaker.
- He is an expert practitioner in research, advertising and strategy, working across multiple disciplines.
- Driven by innovation.
- He is a thought leader- written and published widely across the web.
- hyh identified as one of the 10 most innovative companies, within South Africa, in 2015 by Fast Company Magazine.
- He's been identified as one of the 50 most creative business leaders in South Africa in 2016.
A team built as much for their passion and innovative spirit, as for their experience and incredible talent.
pr and influence
Marise is an award-winning senior consultant who has launched international brands with great success in South Africa.
- Marise is an award-winning senior consultant who has launched international brands with great success in South Africa.
- She served on various Academic Advisory Committees and Industry Associations.
- She's a strategic problem solver who works on global and multinational brands across various industries.
- Experienced crisis and issues management consultant.
- Gold PRISM, PR on a shoestring – Taj Cape Town.
- Gold PRISM PR, for existing product, service or category – Burger King SA, launch in Gauteng “Whopper your Selfie.”
- COMM PRIX Global Best – Integrated Communications category – Burger King SA, launch in SA.
- Gold Annual Communicator Award – Integrated Communications category – Burger King SA, launch in SA.
- Campaign of the Year PR, PRISM – Burger King SA, launch in SA.
Natalie is solutions driven with a passion for metrics and operational analytics.
- Natalie is an experienced Operations Specialist who has worked on many local and international brands within South Africa.
- She has 13 years project management and agency experience.
- She is solutions driven with a passion for metrics and operational analytics.
- 2015-2016: Member of the LIVE+ Executive Committee.
- 2010: TEPG Awards - MD’s Award for Client Service.
- 2009: IPL Tournament in SA - Operations Manager for the Kings XI Punjab Cricket Team.
- 2007: ICC Awards - Event Director.
Kirsten is a strategic digital thinker with a focus on Millennials and Generation Z marketing.
- Kirsten is a Digital and Social Media specialist.
- She holds extensive knowledge and experience working with international brands.
- Eight years experience working across industries in agency and corporate environments.
- Social Media and Digital Content Creation course facilitator.
- Trained and managed the social media activity for C-suite executives.
- Strategic digital thinker with a focus on Millennials and Generation Z marketing.
- She was the Social Media Manager for Apple South Africa, Apple Nigeria and Fitbit South Africa.
- Managed the digital launch of the iPhone 6 in South Africa.
- Managed the digital launch for Fitbit in South Africa.
- She was a Social Media Account Lead on MTN Group, MTN South Africa and MTN Business.
Carmen has over 10 years experience managing international, multiple award-winning campaigns.
- Carmen has extensive experience leading and managing marketing teams to achieve excellence, her last being the Carling Black Label TTL team.
- Over 10 years experience managing international, multiple award-winning campaigns eg. Carling Black Label cup and projects for South African Breweries.
- Carmen managed one of the worlds biggest TTL campaigns, the Carling Black Label Cup, from end to end, which won more than 37 international marketing awards.
- She received the SAB Marketing Award for the Best TTL Campaign and has implemented the first Rewards/Loyalty Program in the beer market.
Sabine has over 13 years Consumer Research and Insights experience.
- Sabine has over 13 years Consumer Research and Insights experience. She has African, European FMCG, and Healthcare expertise.
- She's proficient in qualitative, quantitative and analytic methodologies.
- She's a brand and communication specialist.